Wednesday, March 30, 2011

omg--it's not stripey!

I've had this skein of Malabrigo Sock for at least two years now, and I've tried to knit it up into various things, but I haven't liked any of them. Finally, in complete despair, I knit it into a fairly plain shawl-thing: The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief.



I modified the pattern for fingering weight--basically I did 30 rows in each stockinette section--and it turned out a decent size.

I still don't like it much. I tried it on, you know, with the point in front all stylish and whatnot, and I look like such a poser.



I did have some fun with the macro feature on my camera, though! And here's how much yarn I had left:



I think this may end up in the handmade grab bag this Christmas, unless I figure out someone who really needs it as a gift before that. I do have one friend and one cousin who really really like purple . . .

No comments: