Saturday, March 12, 2011

stripey things.

Ok, so the first thing isn't stripey. The first thing is a bunch of drying yarn that I have reclaimed from other items. The purple is from a sweater I decided I didn't want to finish, the blue is some Trekking from the second pair of socks I ever made (they were ankle socks, and I didn't wear them anymore, and I feel the need to stripe that blue with some off-white. OMG they are going to be fabulous mitts) and the black was my very favorite sweater in the early bit of this century, but it got a bit chewed so I shall now turn it into something else.



And now we get to the stripes! Some nice worsted stripes. These mitts took no time at all to make. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but for some reason I had to make them.





Seriously, I'm having this weird obsession with stripes. I don't even know what to do. I don't know if anyone but me would ever want the SUPER LOUD pink and green ones, but the red + rainbow ones are for a friend who has been sadly hinting that I never make her anything. (There are reasons why I never make her anything, but we don't need to go into all that here. Suffice it to say that I think she'll like them, and it lets me knit some stripes, so everybody wins.)

No comments: