Thursday, July 23, 2009

Plans.

I know, I know, I've been all quiet and stuff lately. No more deadline projects to keep things exciting.

I am planning, though. I've never knit my youngest brother anything really neat, so I was thinking that perhaps for Christmas I would knit him a scarf with either his favorite saying or a chunk of his favorite poem on it. We were sort of joking about that sort of thing one day, but he's the sort of guy who would really dig such a thing, if it were done in tasteful colors, etc.

Now, luckily I know that his favorite color is a dark sort of teal, so that's one problem out of the way. The question is, how to discover his favorite words without being obvious? He's not on Facebook, so I can't ask his friends, or look for quotations he might have. I've thought about 'borrowing' some of his poetry books and checking to see which pages they fall open to . . . I don't know, I'd just like to have some idea of how many words I'm dealing with before I buy yarn. :) I guess I could just ask him, but that's no fun.

The Print O' The Wave stole chugs on, but it's still in that foot-and-a-half of wadded up grey netting stage, so it's not all that interesting.

Oh, did I mention that my mama ADORED her stole? Well done, me! The whole family was very impressed.

No comments: