Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Promised Hat

It's big, it's red, and it's snoodly.

First we have an up-close shot of the stitch pattern, which is your basic Zigzag Lace from the first Barbara Walker book. I happened to have it out of the library. The hat used about a skein and a half of Knit One Crochet Too's Tartelette.




The hat, which was made up as I went along, turned out pretty much how I wanted it to. It's very slouchy and very very red, though, and I have not had the guts (or maybe just the occasion) to wear it outside the house.



In other news, I finally bought the 'treat' yarn I had been promising myself for months. I'd been looking for a lighter orange, but I finally found some blue laceweight that was almost exactly what I wanted for a shawl for my mom, so, to save on postage, I bought some orange yarn from the same shop.



I liked it pretty well in the pictures online (duh, or I wouldn't have bought it) but I LOVE IT in person. Like, LOVE IT. It looks way better in person than in my pictures, too. It's kind of a glowing rusty orange-brown, and I don't know how I'm going to choose a pattern for it.

That's a nice merino/nylon fingering weight in Rust by NeuroticKnitterz , y'all. It's good stuff.



I'll show you pictures of the blue laceweight later. Right now it's in a bit of a snarl. I had some winding issues. But the color is awesome!

No comments: