Sunday, July 29, 2007

the verdict

I'm pretty sure my brother liked the Large Blue Stripey. I'm not entirely sure, because the only comment I can remember was "It's big!" Well, duh. It is a Large Blue Stripey. He did also mention that it'll be useful as he's soon moving to colder climes. Which was the point. If I actually plan, (sorry, fun with italics) maybe he'll get a nice toasty sweater for Christmas.

Let's see . . . once I get the pictures uploaded, you'll get to see Spawn of Large Blue Stripey, as I did indeed purchase way too much yarn. In my defense, I'd intended to put a wider border on the LBS, but ended up liking the way the thinner one looked. Ah well. More random presents for the rest of the world, I guess. I could start on Christmas hats now . . . dunno, did a lot of hats last Christmas. Dammit, why do I know so many boys? And as if it's not bad enough trying to find decent patterns for them, birthday cards are almost as impossible. Graah. Well, I guess there's always the Keanu Reeves Matrix Sweater, though I may have to make one for myself first. The only thing I liked about that movie was the knitwear, and that was before I started knitting. I have a thing for grey sweaters. Have I mentioned that before? The first sweater I made was indeed grey and for me.

Ok. Gonna go request the Keanu Reeves Matrix Sweater Book (otherwise known as one of the multitudinous Hollywood Knits books by Suss Cousins) from my library. And then I have to finish the Pink Leafy Sweater so I won't feel guilty about buying more yarn for a sweater for me.

No comments: