Sunday, January 13, 2008

mmm, yarn.

It's so nice to be back in the land of yarn stores, after being stuck with JoAnn's and Michaels' for so long. Granted, I haven't been to the really awesome store yet, but as I am unemployed this is probably a good thing.

And hey, I only got yarn that I so-called needed: stuff to make a hat and gloves for a friend's 30th birthday. I wanted to make her something more impressive--30, you know?--but I've only got two weeks or so. While we all know I could knit a pair of pants in that amount of time, I somehow don't think she'd be thrilled by a pair of knit pants. I could probably also do a sweater, but like I said, I'm unemployed. Hat and gloves (of lovely shades of aqua tweed and blue, aqua tweed courtesy of Plymouth Yarn) it will have to be.

I really wanted to get this awesome hand-painted stuff in browns and blues and greens that went so well with some super-awesome acid-green sock weight yarn, but those colors just weren't right for this friend. So sad. Would have been awesome. I will be lusting after the acid green yarn for a very long time. Just so we know.

No comments: