Thursday, February 19, 2009

a bit of a knitting drought.

Yeah. I haven't been inspired to do much of anything lately. Blame it on February.

Well, I did knit some exceptionally cute baby hats for my friend's new little boy (and the new wee guy's big sister, so she wouldn't be left out) but of course I forgot to take pictures. Suffice it to say that the cuteness was well-nigh legendary.

Baby hats aside, I may be getting back on the knitting horse. I'm thinking vesty thoughts. I've been wanting a knit vest for ages, but have not been able to find a pattern I really like. I've got some yarn (Patons Classic in Paprika, mmm, yay, orange!) but can't decide if I want to have a just-orange vest, or mix it up with A) some brown Patons that's lurking around, and/or B) some random sock yarn whose name I can't remember but which kind of does orange and brown stripes and matches REALLY AWESOMELY. I think if I double it it would work ok weight-wise. La la la WHAT TO DO???

This is actually a dilemma I've been pondering for a good year or so, if you can believe it. Probably what I should do is knit me an orange vest, and then, if I'm dying for an orange-and-brown sock-yarny something, buy more of the Patons. It's not like that stuff's going to disappear soon, and it's not like I think a person can have too many orange garments.

Hey, look, I think I solved my problem! Thanks, blog!

No comments: