Monday, March 23, 2009

a hot mess.

So I've been knitting for nearly four years now, and I've never broken a needle. Until this week. Until yesterday, actually, and there's been another casualty today . . . I guess I just need to face the fact that size 0 bamboo needles do not travel well. And I thought I was being so careful!

Yesterday's breakage was nearly a crisis, but luckily there's a yarn store a block from here, and even more luckily, they were still open for another ten minutes when I noticed the damage. You should have seen me sprint from the building. I don't know what I would have done if they didn't have the right size. Screamed, I guess.

In case you're wondering what I'm making, I'm doing the Swan Maiden Mitts, a lovely pattern, which I will link to when my internet connection isn't so crap. I will mention that I'm making them for a friend, and I think I want to make a pair for me, too. They're pretty and have just enough lace to make them interesting, but plenty of stockinette to make them fast.

No comments: