Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Socktober!

Usually I am not a joiner, but I cannot resist the hilarious punny good time that is Socktoberfest. Or maybe I just like knitting socks, and will leap at any excuse. Whichever. Here's what I've been up to, at the expense of various other projects that I should be finishing:

A pair of nice warm thick worsted weight socks, done with size 4 needles. No cold will be getting these puppies! I started them in the middle of last week, when it was all kinds of cold. I finished them on Friday or Saturday, when it was around 75 and sunny, so yeah, haven't worn them yet. I dig them, though!



Orange socks! Oh, how I love the orange. The pattern is Scylla, if anyone's wondering. It's doing pretty well at staving off any horrible pooling, although the second sock seems to have all the bright bits of color on the sole and all the drabber bits on the front. 'Drabber' being a term I use loosely because it's still plenty bright.



I've also been wanting to do some sort of colorwork sock, but really, I should finish my grey shawl--I just have to do the crocheted edging, dammit!--and knit up the last quarter of the heinous woolly undershorts I've been threatening to make forever. Oh, and my purple gloves. Yeah. I don't even know where they are. Ooops . . .

No comments: