Thursday, September 30, 2010

I am a genius.

Not.

Ages and ages ago (by which I mean July, or perhaps August) I started on a pair of purple and green stripey mitts (yes, like blue and white ones) for a friend of mine who adores purple and lime green. I got the first one finished, all except the thumb, and about half of the second one, before children's theater and other madness intervened.

So then a couple of days ago I found the bag they were in, and was all, oh hey, I should finish these! And I was very careful to look at the thumb gusset and do them both the same, and to count how many rows I had above the thumb before the colorwork motif happened.

You see where this is going, right?

One of these things is not like the other . . .



Clever me, putting the wrist motif at the top there on the first one, and not bothering to check for the second.

Now, if I were making these for myself, I'd probably just leave it, because I'm not so much with the caring that things match, but I don't know how my friend feels about it. And anyway, I do like the 'wrist' motif a lot better. And I only have to pull out a few rows, and I knit 2-color stuff pretty fast, so it should take me all of 20 minutes to fix it.

I'm still pretty annoyed with myself.

No comments: