Sunday, September 26, 2010

almost there . . .

Battlestar Galactica has really helped with the grey shawl. I am now on the very last clue! Only six or so rows to go!

I am a little bit peeved that I got almost the whole way to the end before seriously screwing up--and since I wasn't about to rip out four rows of 300+ stitches, one of the motifs is not quite like the others anymore. This makes me cranky. No, what makes me cranky is that I couldn't figure out how to fix it. (The mess-up was of the dropped-stitch-in-a-decrease-section variety.) Usually I can fix anything, and this has made me cranky about my knitting skills.

Oh well. The shawl still looks pretty good, and I'm mostly enjoying Battlestar Galactica, though I could really do without all the prophecy crap. Particularly because when they mention the Arrow of Apollo and the Tomb of Athena, all I can think about is the flagon with the dragon and the brew that is true, and then I start wondering when Danny Kaye will show up and if he will be a Cylon, and that's a little bit awkward.

Anyway! I am looking forward to seeing how big the shawl will actually be--looks like not very, that's what I get for using 'laceweight'--and am also knitting a hat as a thank-you for a friend. It's fun! I haven't knit with big needles for a while. It goes so quickly!

No comments: