Friday, September 17, 2010

updates . . .

1. Have not knit on my purple glove in well over a week. This is not a good sign. It needs fingers! And a mate!

2. Have taken apart a bright pink sweater that I don't wear anymore. Am trying to decide if I want to re-knit it into something similar that fits better, or to do something with stripes of bright green and black.

3. The Vernal Equinox Shawl is still in a big tangle of mess. I just have one more repeat to go on Clue #4, which is pleasant. I am very tired of Clue #4. I think it's going to be a great-looking shawl when finished, though. If I ever finish. Those rows are getting long! On the other hand, I've got season 1 of Battlestar Galactica waiting for me at the library, so perhaps I will get into it enough to sit around knitting a lot.

4. What I really need to be doing right now is not puttering about on the internet, but finishing my brother's Commemorative Romeo And Juliet Potholder. He's in his Very First Play Ever this weekend, AND he just bought a new house, so I'm combining housewares and a quote from his play. I'm also trying to felt it, which is why I really need to finish it so it has half a chance at drying overnight. And hopefully it will shrink down to a decent size in the washer. Otherwise I'll be making some sort of other Commemorative Potholder on the four-hour trip to his place. Oy.

No comments: