Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year . . .

. . . the time when you're all, "Argh, I want to knit things for gifts but arrrrrrgh."

Anyway, I've started on a few things. One epic gift for my mom that I'm not posting about yet because I'm kind of embarrassed at how ambitious it is. Once I get going a bit and see if I have a chance of finishing on time, then we can talk about it.

I did start a super-retro Pitt sock for my dad:



It's thoroughly portable, so I'm kind of saving it for when I'm out and about. I did most of the cuff (it's much longer than in the picture) on Election Day, after a surprise call to come work the polls. I was glad I had a really easy knitting project right on top of the pile, because even though we were quite busy, there were still bits of downtime that were perfect for getting some Christmas done.

Oooh, I also have some self-striping Draygone Yarnes Penguins worsted in my hot little hands, and I can't decide if I should do a hat for one of my brothers, something for the handmade grab bag, or something for me. (See how I slipped that in there?) There actually may be enough for both a hat and some mitts, so I should probably just make both and then figure who to give them to.

No comments: