Monday, May 11, 2009

Some Finished Items.

Hey, so I'm still here and still knitting stuff, though I've been swallowed up a bit by hockey. Most of the stuff I've been working on has some element of secrecy about it, so I have not been knitting it during the games.

The first item I've got finished here is an Aeolian Shawl:





I really enjoyed knitting it. All the shifting lace patterns were very pleasing to my brain. I don't know that I'll be making another large triangular shawl anytime soon, though. Mostly because I don't have a space large enough to block it. My edges are ragged. Ah well. Maybe I will block it again later.



The color is most accurate on this next one. This yarn used to be a rather grandpa sweater that I found at a thrift store. It had a couple of stains, and I wasn't wearing it, so I unraveled it. I still have a light green one which I do wear. It's a shame: it would make lovely lace.



And here we have the socks I made my mom for Mother's Day. Spring Forward, also from Knitty. Dude, these are one hell of a speedy knit. Also simple enough to knit during hockey games, but quite pretty. I love designs that give you a lot of bang for your buck. The white toes and heels are because everything I've read about Dream In Color Smooshy says it wears out pretty quickly. They're not the greatest, but sometimes function has to win out over form.



My mama wore her socks to the Star Trek movie last night, so I think we can all assume that she likes them. :)

No comments: