Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh, Christmas.

You guys, I think this is my first knitting-stress-free Christmas in ages! Chucking the Pernicious Scarf was definitely a good move. I know I'll be happier with it if I can get it RIGHT and not rush. I've also chucked the gloves--well, put on hold, really. I've got the book of poems, and now I have a friend I haven't seen in a year coming to visit tomorrow, and, well, the gloves will have to wait. They may not wait till next Christmas, though. They might just wait till Jan 6 or something. We'll see if I feel like knitting them after Christmas.

My mom's socks are finished and wrapped. My hats for the gift swap are finished--oh, but get this, the stripey stockinette hat I was working on? Yeah, I wasn't knitting it with the size six needles the pattern called for, no, I was knitting it on size TWOS. Apparently they seemed really fat after size 0's. Ooops. So I had to pull that all out and start over again. But it looks quite nice, and it went really fast on the bigger needles, so all is well.

AND I just finished a totally extra gift, a pair of slipper socks for my grandma. I think I knit the second sock in under three hours. The first one took longer, because yeah, I was making it up as I went. They're cute and warm and no, I won't be hurt if my grandma never uses them. :)

So now I just have to make my mom an ornament, and I will be ALL DONE. So awesome.

And then I can knit stuff for me! I need sweaters. Curse this cold weather!

No comments: