Friday, February 12, 2010

gettin' ready!

You guys, have I mentioned how much I love the Olympics? Like, I ADORE them, even the stuff like curling. I could watch the Olympics 24/7 and not get bored. I think I prefer the Winter Olympics (hockey and figure skating and curling! Whee!) as a general thing, but the Summer Olympics will always have a special place in my heart because in 2000 they kept me company while slogging through tough music theory homework and learning a really difficult opera score. Male swimmers make all that so much better.

But what does this have to do with knitting, you ask? It has to do with me finally deciding to make the darn Latvian Mitts, though I still don't know if I will like them, and if I don't like them there's a chance I will just chuck them and do Endpaper Mitts. I've even decided on my color scheme: two shades each of green and blue, and one of purple. There is also a chance that the purple will be swapped out for red or yellow, if I don't like it. There is another chance that I will make purple and green Endpaper Mitts. Anything could happen!

Mostly I just wish the Olympics would start already. And I hope the Georgian team decides to stay and play, because I know that if I were the athlete who died, I would not want the rest of the team to withdraw out of some misguided respect for me. Now, if they're too shaken up to compete, ok, I could see that, but I think any athlete would want their teammates to get it done.

Anyway. That got sad! I hope there is at least one moose in the opening ceremony. I have my fingers crossed for a moose.

No comments: