Monday, January 3, 2011

What shall we knit this year?

Somehow last year turned into a year of colorwork. Not sure what happened there, but I sure got excited about the stranded knitting. I wonder what this year's fad will be? At this point it's not going to be colorwork, because I can't stand the thought of it, and am ready for some nice fake cables or lace or something.

I've started a Cap Karma Hat by Smariek Knits for my grandma's birthday. It has some nice little cables. It's also out of some pain-in-the-tushie acrylic, but I don't trust my grandma not to wash it, so acrylic it must be.

I'm making a pair of gloves for me--in worsted so maybe I will get them done before winter is over--in the rest of my Draygone Yarns' hockey worsted. Pens colorway, of course. They don't match my coat, but oh well. Black and yellow seem to go with anything around here.

Anyway. Just a brief start-of-year sum up! I think I would like to make myself a sweater this year, and I really need to finish my Vernal Equinox Shawl. Holy hell. It's gorgeous and it's been sitting in a lump for at least three months waiting for its crocheted edging.

1 comment:

gregtuco said...

I'm not a knitter but I like your taste in books and music. Charles Dickens, maybe the most musical of writers, and Mott The Hoople, among the most literate of rock and rollers.