Wednesday, February 9, 2011

IT'S SO PRETTY!

I finished my crochet edging around 3:30 this afternoon, and was going to wait to block the shawl until tomorrow, but then I couldn't help myself. Pinned it out on my bed, and this being winter with the furnace on and my bed being a loft, the shawl was dry in no time. I unpinned it about ten minutes ago, and have spent those ten minutes preening in front of a mirror, completely unable to say anything but "IT'S SO PRETTY!"

It really is very pretty. I love it to bits.



In case you want to make your own, it's a Vernal Equinox Shawl.



Designed by Lankakomero.



Knit out of yarn that was once a Gap turtleneck. On US 6 needles. It was super fun to knit: the only thing I found slightly awkward, clearly, was the crocheted edging, but I even got pretty good at that towards the end.

YAY I CAN'T WAIT TO WEAR IT TO MY PARTY THIS WEEKEND!

IT'S SO PRETTY!

1 comment:

Reckless Glue said...

wow this is SO gorgeous--great job :)