Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Check This Out!

If only I'd found this a day sooner! I was looking at old posts on my other blog just now--God knows why--and I discovered this gem:

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

this may not seem like much, but . . .
. . . I finally figured out how to purl, and I am thrilled. Go me! I haven't been able to figure it out by looking at any knitting books or charts, and one of my random variations of the basic stitch has finally done it right. Yay for experimentation! Too bad I thought of this one halfway through my plainknit scarf, so I can't apply it. Would look funny. And I really don't want to pull it all apart, though I'm vaguely tempted. No. I won't be that crazed. I won't. I swear it. The yarn's pretty enough that plainknit is fine.



Behold, the day when I actually became a knitter. Go me! What's that, four years? I don't think I knit very much that first year, though. I know I didn't buy any yarn until October, when I was leaving town and needed stuff to make Christmas presents.

No comments: