Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh, me.

In typical me fashion, I've decided that I need a black shawl when I go to the opera this coming Saturday. It's not like going to the opera is all that big a deal normally, I do go a lot, but this is the season opener, and the folks with money will be going to a ball afterwords, and so my mom and I have decided to Glam Up, just for the hell of it.

And I figure I'll get a little cold in my awesome racerback zebra-print dress, so therefore I need a wrap. I don't know what the hell good a wrap done in laceweight on size 7 needles will really do against the cold, but I'm sure it'll look nice.

The best part of this is that I'm really just throwing the poor thing together, and will probably unravel it after the opera and make it into something nicer. I am also making an actual planned, nice, going to be awesome black shawl, but it's on much smaller needles and will not be dramatic and large by Saturday.

This other one I've just started, I figure if I knit approximately 8 inches of it a day, I'll have a good size, and I can block it on Saturday morning, because lace dries so quickly. Don't worry, 8 inches a day goes really, really fast on 7's, even in laceweight.

No comments: