Thursday, December 23, 2010

Note to Self:

Do not ever do NaNoWriMo and attempt to knit a fingering-weight sweater for Christmas in the same month. I've been trying to figure out why I'm so damn behind with the gifties, and I think it's NaNo. Well, and the two solid days of choir concerts last weekend. Those sure didn't help. :(

Not that it's a Gifting Tragedy here. The Retro Socks are done. The Grab Bag Mitts are done. I just have to sew in ends on the ginormous red sweater of doooooom. I'll do that tomorrow morning. The Infinity Gauntlet is super-close to being done. I'm going to finish the cuff tonight, and do the gems tomorrow. Hopefully the gems will not be too much of a pain in the ass. I'm kind of bummed that I've pretty much run out of yarn, though, and will not be able to do cute i-cord detailing around the gems. I'm hoping I can find some embroidery floss that's close to the orange-yellow of the glove, and I can do something with that. I guess there's no reason I can't do embroidery-floss i-cord, is there?

Man, all I need is about ten more yards of this yellow, that's what's really annoying. Sucks that it's the same color as I used for the toes and heels of the Retro Socks.

Anyway. Back to the grind! Adam Warlock needs his glove!

No comments: