Sunday, December 12, 2010

slowest sweater ever.

Am still knitting away on the Giant Red Monster. I really don't have all that much left to do on it: maybe 40 or so rows on the yoke chart, and then some short rows for the back, and then some ribbing for the neck, and bam! Sweater!

However. There are sooooo many stitches in each row, and I (being an idiot) had to go and fiddle with the chart, so there are now about eight rows where I have to do three colors. You guys. It is going so. slowly. It's like the sweater that time forgot or something. I celebrate whenever I hit a decrease row. I mean, I'm so pleased to see the decrease rows come up that if I weren't knitting colorwork, I would do a shot to celebrate.

And watch, the damn thing probably won't fit the woman anyway. I admit I'm sort of looking forward to getting a pair of scissors, chopping away at anything that doesn't work, and re-knitting and grafting it. That could be entertaining. Or maybe it will fit well enough, who knows? It's just that when you're knitting for a 5'3" woman who wears an I cup, proportion goes wild.

I really, really, really want to knit a chunky hat right now, just for some instant gratification, but I can't think of anyone who really needs a chunky hat for their Christmas gift, and God knows I don't need any more hats.

Ok. Enough procrastinating and whining. Back to the knitting!

:(

No comments: