Thursday, December 6, 2007

THE WINNER!

The blanket is finished. On time. And it's pretty goddamn cute. The border--oh, the border. You know when variegated yarn sometimes does something awesome? Well, it did. I took pictures, but I'm in no mood to fight with iPhoto right now, so, as usual, you'll have to wait. But damn. Finished on time.

I feel like such a winner right now. And I cast on for my dad's second sock, and I really feel ahead of (or at least even with) the game right now.

And then I can knit stuff for myself. Today in Target I found myself inspecting a sweater in the kids' department that was precisely what I want to knit out of some burnt orange impulse-purchase wool. I want one of those round-yoked, swingy cardigans with big buttons. In burnt orange. Can you picture the awesome? I can.

No comments: