Wednesday, October 1, 2008

pink stuff

Yes, the pink has finally found a home! It's gone out in public, and I felt pretty cute in it, so it's staying with us.



Just your basic top-down raglan madness, with some arrowhead lace thrown in to make it more festive. I would have liked the lace to start higher, but oh well. I ripped it back once, to start it higher, but the yarn is a cotton/wool blend (Cascade Sierra, I believe) and as such, the whole garment tends to stretch downwards when I wear it. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Now I just have to soak it in some salt water for a bit to set the color, and all shall be well.

My latest project is a February Lady Sweater, like everyone else in the knitting world. I can't quite believe I'm making a popular project, but it's so cuuuute. (Never saw the allure of the Clapotis, but the February Lady Sweater is quite stylish.) The only problem with this sweater, so far, is that I can't count. My math skills, which are never very good, have been the pits this week. There was almost screaming last night, and today there will be mistake-fixing. Gah.

2 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

I absolutely love it! The hot-pinkness of it is totally fab.

kate said...

Thanks! I admit to wanting to wear it all the time, which means I must have done something right!