Monday, April 20, 2009

nupps!

I am now on the third of I can't remember how many charts for the Aeolian shawl. Whee! Only miles and miles left to go. :) Just remember that no matter how much I may bitch about the epic nature of this project, I totally love it, and may be addicted to knitting lace.

Anyway, last night I did my first nupps (they're so cute! I was afraid I'd hate the way they look, since I'm not always convinced of bobble-y things, but they're pretty adorable,) and I have to say that from the things you read about them, people seem to think they're the devil incarnate. Sure, they can be a bit of a pain in the rear if they're too tight, but if you know that going in, you're all set. They're just another variation of a bobble, as far as I'm concerned. And purling nine together makes a pleasant change when you're going down those endless purl rows.

Hmm, maybe the trick to my fearless knitting is that I somehow manage to read all the hype before I do a thing, and then I'm completely unimpressed when I try it and it's easy. This is good with knitting, but not so good with, say Harry Potter or Twilight. :)

(By the way, if you haven't read Nation, by Terry Pratchett, you really should. It's all kinds of glorious. Bring your Kleenex and prepare to giggle.)

No comments: