Tuesday, April 7, 2009

a tale of sock doom.

I think I promised this to you yesterday, didn't I? I'm sure we've all felt this way. Prepare for wrath and bad language.


Ok. This probably shouldn't make me homicidally angry, but it does. Every time. So I'll be knitting a sock, right? One sock, because I don't knit two at a time. And someone will say, "What are you knitting?" and I'll say, "A sock," because that is WHAT I AM DOING RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT. I am knitting a fucking sock. And then the annoying person will say, "Just one?" And then I want to stab them in the eye with my knitting needle. I'm not sure why I think it's such a fucking stupid thing to say, or why it pisses me off so much, but it does.

I should probably start telling them that yes, I am just making one sock, and it's for my grandpa who is an amputee. JUST TO MAKE THEM FEEL BAD.

And that, my friends, is how I feel about people who ask idiot questions when I am knitting.

No comments: