Wednesday, April 1, 2009

well.

Knitting straps for my top is A) slower and B) much more boring than I thought it would be. I think I just hate having to turn the work about once a minute or so, since we're dealing with an 18-stitch long strip. In sport weight. On size 4 needles. It's really not v. big.

Anyway, I think I've got the first one nearly done, but am no longer in Texas, and here at home I don't have a convenient mirror for trying on, which is a pain in my ass. (Oh, the whining we get this morning! The horror!) And I do need to try on right about now, to see how close I am to Long Enough. Then I have to figure out where on the back to attach it. Luckily I will be able to snag my mom to help with this. As she is an excellent seamstress who has been frustrated by my narrow shoulders for years, I figure she's just the woman for the job. (As long as she doesn't give TOO many opinions. I'm pretty sure there's really nothing for her to give opinions on, but you never know.)

And hey, if it's warm on Easter, then I could bust out the tank top! Or wear it under something, I guess. It's real pretty.

No comments: