Sunday, October 4, 2009

holding pattern.

Whew. It's been a busy weekend. It was FINALLY performance time for my play--over and done with now, thank goodness, and all those words can leak right on out of my head. It went fairly well, though, and I have renewed awe for my own brain. My brain can be rather impressive, y'all. You wouldn't believe the stuff it can remember.

Anyway, since my brain was busy remembering all those lines (it was a full half-hour of snappy comic dialogue between two people, one of which had trouble remembering his lines, which really kept me on my toes, since I had to think for two of us,) my brain was not up to any complicated knitting. So I started making a pair of red fingerless gloves to swap to my brother for a t-shirt. I just have three fingers and a thumb to do on the first one! Gloves are speedy.

I'm going to try to get to the yarn store tomorrow to see if they have one of those yarn holder thingies that you wear on your finger to keep colors separate in stranded knitting. I can't seem to figure out how to just carry both colors in my left hand without tangling.

And then I have to figure out what I want the very ends of the scarf to be like, and then I really have to start knitting the damn thing, because did I mention it's really complicated? Aiee! I hope it looks nice. I can't wait to start! Hopefully the ol' brain will be in a happy place tomorrow. I do have an audition, though, which will probably end up occupying the brain. Sigh.

No comments: