Saturday, May 26, 2007

News Flash!

So that plain, boring-ass black yarn that I bought? Started knitting it up into a sock, because I appear to be addicted to socks, and it might be my favorite yarn I've ever worked with. Granted, I can probably count the number of nice yarns I've worked with on one hand, as I am relatively new to this game, but dude. This stuff (just some black Lanett, superwash merino) feels soooo good on the ol' hands, and is just (if you'll pardon the expression) in general like buttah to knit with. I am totally in love and want to buy it in all the colors, and knit with it for the rest of my life. I want to make sweaters with it on size 1 needles so it'll take forever to knit up and my hands can spend hours in merino heaven. It's a very good thing that I will not be near a yarn store for the next two months.

Which brings us to the next topic: what projects to take with me? I don't know how much knitting time I'll have (you never can tell with summer stock) but I'm sure there'll be some. I'll make time, dammit. I have days off. And since I have come home to re-pack, I can dig up some old yarn to take with me. This way, when I get the Buttah Socks done, I won't have to go buy stuff at Wal-Mart. (Gah, Wal-Mart, but that's another post.)

(This may be the longest News Flash ever.)

Right. Projects. I am definitely taking:

* The Buttah Socks.
* The Pain-In -My-Rear Leaf-Paneled Sweater. The only think that keeps me going on this one is that I'm pretty sure it's gonna be totally hot when finished.
* The Mitered-Square Afghan. This one may require a Wal-Mart purchase, because I'm making it out of Lion Brand Homespun (mostly donated) and I need more sea green. Michael's didn't have any when I went the other day. :(

And then I'm gonna take a plethora of random cotton yarns, with the notion to perhaps make them into a blanket. And I've got a bit of obnoxious blue-and-white sock yarn lurking around my room, so maybe it'll be baby socks.

Do we think that's enough? I guess if I don't have a lot of down time it'll be fine.

I can't wait to meet a bunch of new people who will at first look at me funny because of my knitting obsession. Hey, there are worse things to be obsessed with, right?

No comments: