Sunday, November 11, 2007

progress

I gave in and bought the other style of cable needle. Who knows, maybe it will turn out to be my favorite knitting thing since circular needles. This of course means that I could start my mom's hat, but there's a baby blanket I really need to finish by the end of the month, so that has to be my next mission. Or most of my next mission. It's another garter stitch log cabin thing, and therefore perfect to knit at the show. I'm not sold on the colors: they looked really pretty in the store, but now that I'm knitting them up they're so pastel it makes me a little sick. Oh well. I'll make the kid something more grown-up when she's about twelve, how about that?

I've also got a pair of socks going (have I mentioned them? probably.) of the rest of the white and grey yarn I used for the fingerless gloves. They were going to be anklets for me, but they're a little small, so I think I'll give them to my yoga teacher. She has tiny feet. I wanted to make her something more colorful, but I don't know a lot of people with feet smaller than mine, and I like the way the swirlies are knitting up in this size of sock, so I'm leaving it.

And, of course, there will be pictures someday.

No comments: