Thursday, August 6, 2009

a moment of bitchiness.

Or possibly just my inner teacher making herself known.

Anyway, I know everyone does things their own way, and really, whatever works for you is the best way for you, clearly, but it still drives me a little bit nuts when people who knit lacy things have to put stitch markers between every pattern repeat. How are you ever going to learn to read the knitting and really learn how that lace works if you always use that crutch? You're not going to GROW.

Besides, it's really cool when you can figure out just what the pattern is doing.

Anyway. That's just me being bitchy and judgmental for the morning. I'm sure my slapdash, haphazard ways of doing many things would drive many people up the wall. And I'm not going to change.

On a happier note, my mum was getting rid of a sweater and gave it to me to unravel, and now I have a good 1,400 yards of black laceweight to make something out of. Yay! Epic Dramatic Shawl, anyone?

No comments: