Monday, August 17, 2009

ta-da! (sort of)

I have finished the knitting on my green sweater! It's pretty cute. I can't tell for sure if I like how it fits quite yet, being without buttons. If I weren't so lazy, I would dig up some safety pins and pretend they're buttons, but I'm lazy.

Actually, I should probably do that while it's still morning and not blazingly hot.

All I know is that this sweater is cute enough that I want one in some sort of cotton or bamboo (ok, I'd take silk or linen) so I can wear it in the summer, and I kind of want one in red or some dark evening-looking color, too. Yeah. It's that cute. I especially like the fact that, since it's knit side-to-side, I could make the back precisely as wide as I wanted. We all know this is a serious problem in my knitwear.

So yay! Best of all, it took not-quite 500 yards of dk weight yarn, so if I do eventually make two more, they won't break the bank. However, if I do make two more, I will be turning into my mother, with her habit of buying several of anything that fits. I don't know if I'm ready to turn into my mother quite yet.

No comments: