Sunday, January 24, 2010

oh hey

Just remembered that I took some pictures of the loud purple-and-grey sweater I'm sort of making up. Remember that the purple is louder in person!



The yarn is a bamboo/wool/nylon blend, and it's all kinds of soft. I think it's a Deborah Norville brand, of all the hilarious things. It was on sale for $2.50 a skein about a month ago, and I figured that for $15, I could make myself a rather loud sweater. :)



I tried putting in some short rows for bust shaping today, but I have only the most general idea of how that works, so now I have to try it on again and see if I'm anything like right. Which means putting all those tiny little stitches on waste yarn, and then putting them all back on the needle again . . . needless to say, I am not eager. And I have a sneaking suspicion that I did the shaping a bit too high, but oh well. We shall see!

Eventually.

No comments: