Saturday, January 23, 2010

update!

Whew. Right, so I have 8 tiny sweaters left to go! Well, plus the sleeves of today's. Oof. I have loved the tiny sweaters--most of the time--but I will not miss them.

I have also been working on the purple and grey sweater which I mentioned a while back. It's taking a good long while, because it's sock yarn on 3mm needles, but I think it'll be worth it! I don't know what else I would have done with this much slightly loud yarn. Well, it would have made a hell of a pair of shorts. Anyway, I'm all excited, because I've just finished the yoke (basic top-down raglan action) and when I tried it on, it fit pretty much perfectly. I do have to enter the more-or-less unknown world of shaping to make enough room for my bosoms, but hey, it's good to learn something new.

My hat is still flower-less. I should probably just sew some leaves and buttons on it and be done.

I've been wearing my Aeolian shawl around the house a lot this week, and I'm starting to feel more shawl wishes . . . perhaps for something in a heavier yarn?

And possibly, just possibly, there will be some utterly ridiculous shorts knit during the Olympics. Brace yourselves.

No comments: