Monday, August 20, 2007

aha

Now I get it. Now I know why people like to have nice big spaces that they only use for sewing or knitting or whatever. My room is totally not set up for sewing together a blanket. And it's not even that big a blanket--but that's right, you heard correctly: sewing together a blanket. I crochet-edged until I wanted to kill both myself and whoever invented crochet, and then I sewed together squares like the fate of the world depended on it. Today I laid out the squares in several different orders, including Planned, Random, and Semi-Random. I even enlisted the help of my artist brother. And then I came back to my itty-bitty room, set out another Random-Ish plan, and am going with that.

Pictures when it's done!

Even though I've spent a lot of time wanting to murder this blanket, I've really enjoyed making it. I don't usually play with color. I either use one color, or yarn that's already multicolored, so I don't have to do anything with it. And when I do use color, it's usually three different blues, for example, or a color and a neutral. I don't usually rainbow, but I'm finding I like it. And given my habit of dressing like a rainbow threw up on me, I don't know why I don't bust with the color more when I knit.

Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf. I hope so. I have these bits of pink, green, and blue yarns (all of them neon-ish) that need to become something other than balls of yarn. The addition of the pink may make them too obnoxious for even me to wear, but we shall see.

Ok. Back to my seaming.

No comments: