Tuesday, August 28, 2007

dammit.

The Pink Leafy Sweater fits my chest but the rest is baggy. Son of a bitch. This is another reason why I like making top-down sweaters best: I could rip out the bottom, throw in some extra decreases, and make the damn thing fit. And here I was so worried about it being too tight on my hips. I clearly have no sense at all of how big my hips are.

Gah.

Well, maybe I can pretend that baggy is stylish? I'll try it on again in a bit and see. After all, the babydoll shirt/dress is in these days, and I made it longish. I might be able to get away with it.

As for how I feel about this pattern--which, officially, is the Leaf-Paneled Sweater from Runway Knits by Berta Karapetyan--well. First off, it needs more decreases for the waist. Second, though I really do like the general look of it, I'm not sure the leaf panels on the side are a good idea for most figures. They're a bit bulky--though again, this would perhaps look better if it wasn't so baggy. The other thing I'm not keen on is how wide the mock turtleneck is. I took out a few extra stitches--there weren't many I could remove and still keep the lace pattern all pretty--and it helped a little, but not much.

Oh, and the decreases for the top bit for sizes small and extra-small appear to be wrong. As far as I can figure, you can't really repeat five rows when you're knitting, not if you expect everything to look the same on each side.

Mostly I am bummed that it needs more shaping, and thus I don't look as cute in it as the model in the book. Cause if it fit, I totally would.

No comments: