Wednesday, August 8, 2007

still alive!

But I've been mostly wrestling with cookies these past few days. Just a word of advice: if anyone asks you to make forty dozen cookies for their wedding, and your house is not air conditioned, say no. Because the weather will be in the 90's the whole week before the wedding, and your cookies will be fucked. Especially the ones that have melted chocolate on them.

This is what I get for baking fancy cookies. If I was just gonna do your basic chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies, I'd be fine, but nooo. I have to be dramatic about it.

Son of a bitch.

As for knitting, I'm knitting a Spawn of Large Blue Stripey hat when I get too pissed off with the cookies, and plotting my next move in the knitting world. Which may involve purchasing. No, wait: I have to figure out what to do with the other half of the Noro. I think it may become part of a hat for my mother. WHAT hat is the question.

No comments: