Monday, December 29, 2008

a successful Christmas!

My mom adores her new knitwear, though I think she's much more excited by her fingerless gloves, which took two seconds to make, and are of fairly crappy yarn, than her awesome twisty socks. You never can tell, can you?

I didn't finish any other knitwear. I was 3/4 of the way into another pair of fingerless gloves when the 23rd happened, and I was at my grandma's cooking for half the day, and then out finishing up the shopping with my mom for the rest of the evening. It was a good day, but the gloves didn't get finished. So now I'll finish them up and barter them to my brother for a t-shirt. Rock on.

Of course, I have to get better before I feel like doing any knitting: there's been a 24-hour sort of flu here, and the house has looked like the Home of the Zombie Dead for the past couple of days. I had a comparatively light case, but now I have the Headache That Won't Die from not eating for two days. Oh, for some extra-strength Excedrin. My kingdom for some really good painkillers.

I discovered last night that no matter how sickly I feel, watching the tv without knitting something makes me feel really weird. So I started a random sock (Patons Kroy Stripes, in basic plain sock pattern) to get me through the Doctor Who Christmas special. And yay, my laptop didn't break directly after watching, like it did last year. And I have about three inches of plain sock. Actually, I should look at that thing in daylight and see what it looks like. Between the headache and the dim light, I don't really have a good idea of what the stripes look like.

No comments: