Tuesday, December 30, 2008

when the lights came up at two . . .

They don't exactly look like something Death brought with him in his suitcase, but I fear these stripes may be too 70's-tastic to be worn by anyone but me. It would have to be a special person I could give them to, and I don't think I know anyone that special.



And by 'special' I mean 'anyone as inclined to disregard color convention as I am.'

On the other hand, these are just Plain Sock, knit on US #2s, out of Patons Kroy, and I have a feeling that they will probably last forever. And hey, I like the colors. Not that I really need another pair of wool socks. What I do need is a large project of some sort, but I don't know what it should be. Nor do I have any large quantities of yarn lying around. Well, there may be some of the cheap SWS lurking about. Maybe I'll do something with that.

Dammit, what was I thinking, knitting up all my yarn into sweaters this fall? Now what do I DO?

(Oh, and have I mentioned that my mom adores her Aran birthday sweater? She wears it literally All The Time. It's awesome. It's become her winter coat, I think. Makes me feel good.)

No comments: