Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I had a plan and a list. I really did.

I did. I really did. Plan and List. There they were, written down on a post-it, stuck on the inside of my wallet. I even got it out and stuck it to my hand when I went into the store. It was all stuff I wanted for potential Christmas presents.

But then the store didn't have any of what I wanted (well, ok, Random Sock Yarn was on the list, just so I wouldn't feel like a complete failure) and I ended up buying six skeins of gorgeous emerald green (with some wee lurking blue) Noro CashIroha. In my defense, it was on sale for 40% off. (Also in my defense, it was my birthday money I was spending. Happy Birthday To Me, dammit!) I keep petting it. I think it's going to grow up to be a shrug of some sort. For me. And then I can wear it all day and pet it.

The Random Sock Yarn was also acquired, but I think it might end up as gloves instead of socks, just for the hell of it. It's a random not-very-posh brand, but the colors are all orange and brown and fun--although there's a chance that the only reason I bought it is because it matched the shirt I was wearing. And really, if it's not my darling Lanett, I don't really care what the hell it is. To tell truth, the store, which mostly has quite nice yarn, is a bust on the sock front. Even the solid colors weren't nice. I was hoping for decent solid colors, since my big bro has moved to chilly climes and will clearly need more than the one pair of wool socks that I've made him.

I need to get me to the super-nice yarn store, but it's more of a pain in the butt public transportation-wise. Then again, you'd think that nothing would be too far for decent sock yarn, wouldn't you?

Wonder if I should visit some friends in New York just to go Lanett-shopping. Hmm.

No comments: