Sunday, October 21, 2007

when yarn attacks.

Everyone made fun of me for having so much luggage. I couldn't bring myself to tell them that one bag was pretty much only yarn and shoes.

I think I'm going to start the Super 60's Poncho today. It's a bunch of seed stitch, which will be the perfect mindless thing to knit while I learn my lines. I was too tired to think of it yesterday.

And speaking of the Super 60's--though actually speaking of 1972, to be exact--I found the most fantastic pattern booklet at my library booksale. Brunswick's "Mostly Male." Yes, the title makes you think it's some gay publication, but no. It's got the most hilarious models and menswear I've ever seen. One of them is totally trying to be Roger Moore. And there's this orange pantsuit. (The shaping of the pants is actually really nice. I may make them for myself. don't tell anyone.) You wouldn't think a quarter could buy you that much comedy, but it can. Oh, it can. If I ever find my camera, I'll snap a photo or two.

Oh, and the blue sleeves look awesome on my green Noro sweater. I may have made the body too tight: I'm thinking I'll leave it for a couple of weeks and see if working on this show makes me any skinnier. Because it's only barely too tight. But the sleeves . . . oh, the sleeves fit gorgeously. And I'm thinking there's enough yarn to do full-on long sleeves. Which is pretty sweet.

No comments: